Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Sucky Garfield (#3 of 20)


Oh man, I've forever tarnished the memory of one of my all-time favorite movies, Rocky IV.* But at least I added some color to my work... what realistic blood!
I have no idea why I have Rocky fighting Apollo here, rather than Ivan Drago. I'm sure that when I drew this, I had seen Rocky IV at least a dozen times. And I can't remember if the circles surrounding the ring are supposed to be lights or the heads of people in the audience. And the guy ringing the bell is tiny for some reason, but with giant Popeye-ish arms. Yet even with all those problems, this is hardly my most embarrassing work.

Oh, and I should have mentioned this sooner (although I'm sure most of you already figured this out), but you can click on each picture to enlarge it for all of the stunning detail.

* I saw Rocky IV in the theaters with my sister (who is four years older than I am), and she burst out crying when (SPOILER ALERT!!!) Apollo died. I have yet to let her live that down.

No comments: