Monday, September 15, 2008

I Don't Like Mondays
What a sad way to start off the week...
- David Foster Wallace has committed suicide. I got turned on to Infinite Jest when I did a semester in Scotland during the spring of 2000 (he's much bigger in the UK than he is here), and I read every page and footnote of that book. It's a masterpiece. If you don't have time to devote to all 1,100 pages, at least read his breathtaking essay on Roger Federer. And also read this NY Times tribute to him, which is better than anything I could write about him.
- Pink Floyd keyboard player Richard Wright has passed away from cancer. So I guess there never will be a proper reunion.
- TRL will be going off the air November 15. I spent three years there, and it was my first real writing job. For all of the smack I've talked about it, I did really enjoy working there. The show may be past its prime, but it's still the end of an era.

On a positive note, apparently my K-Rock Your Rock playlist was voted the best of the week. They've rewarded me with "the respect he deserves." It's about time. If you voted for me, thank you.

No comments: