Friday, November 02, 2007

Get My Freak On
Against all my better judgment, I've decided to post a photo of me from Halloween dressed as Pale Man from Pan's Labyrinth. A few things to point out:
1) By this point of the festivities, I'd been wearing the costume for 3 hours. Which is why the pantyhose is frayed and rolled up. It looked much better when I first put it on.
2) The costume was a logistical nightmare. The fake nails made it impossible to hold anything, so I couldn't eat and barely drink. The pantyhose on the head made it difficult to see and breathe. The eyeballs kept falling off of my hands. And the unitard was very warm and left very little to the imagination.
3) I'd say no more than 1/3 of the people there got the reference. I thought that more people in NYC had seen Pan's Labyrinth. Guess not. Come on, it was nominated for 6 Oscars!
4) My friend dressed as Mario had begged me to partner up and dress as Luigi. In retrospect, I made a poor decision in turning him down.
5) The third guy in the photo is not dressed as "artistic Hitler," as many people thought. He's Win Butler. His wife dressed as Regine, and when they stood next to each other, it was much easier to decipher their costumes.
6) I don't think he'll make a return appearance next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Mario costume is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Mario that is Super.