Friday, April 06, 2007

Wow, when it rains, it pours. There is a huge early-90s revival going on right now. Rage Against the Machine has reunited (at least for a few shows). Smashing Pumpkins is touring this summer (at least with a couple original members). Sad Kermit is singing covers of Radiohead's "Creep" and shooting up in a video for NIN's "Hurt." A couple weeks ago I posted that ESPN Classic is starting to air episodes of American Gladiators. And now a new cable network, Ion (channel 31 if you use Time Warner Cable in NYC), is airing two episodes of The Wonder Years every Mon-Thurs night! In my recollection, The Wonder Years was one of the greatest shows of all time. It was funny, poignant, and featured incredible music. Plus I had a huge crush on Olivia d'Abo at the time. This was must-see communal family viewing in the Greene household (I don't think I've ever heard my mom laugh harder than during the climax of the Glee Club episode). I just hope it stands the test of time and lives up to my memories of it.

No comments: