Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Well, it appears that this will be the first week since I parted ways with TRL three months ago that I will not have any work. It's a strange feeling. On the one hand, there's certainly nothing wrong with having days to lounge around... it's a great way to clear out the ol' DVR, and I've been driving members of my fantasy baseball league crazy with trade offers. On the other hand, getting a paycheck would certainly be nice (I filed for unemployment for the first time this week, but that doesn't really cut it). And it's a little disconcerting... what happens if it takes a month before I get another gig? Two months? I know that's the life of a freelancer, but I hadn't really felt it until now. My dad keeps telling me to make sure I keep writing, but it's hard to get motivated when you're not getting paid. Is this post just a poorly-veiled plan to get my readers to throw work my way? Perhaps. Or maybe this is just to satisfy my dad. Or maybe this is what happens when I get bored enough.

No comments: