Friday, April 20, 2007

Well I did it... after weeks, even months, of hemming and hawing, I booked my flight to go home next weekend for my 10-year high school reunion. I'm passing up a ticket to Coachella to attend this... so instead of seeing RATM and J&MC reunite, I'm settling for the Class of '97. In polling other people to see if they went to their reunions and if they had a good time, I get complete mixed results. Some people had a blast, some said it was awkward and uncomfortable, and some had no desire to go at all. I think I'll have fun, and at the very least I'll get a few days out of NYC being pampered by my parents.
Seriously, it blows my mind that it's been 10 years already. That's more than 1/3 of my life. High school seems so fresh in my mind. And yet I'm sure I'll be freaked out when I see certain people and how much they've changed. The current RSVP list is at about 20% of our graduating class, and includes some names I'll be excited to see but also lacks a lot that I'd like to reconnect with. I've been assured the list will grow before next weekend, which hopefully isn't a lie. Guess there's not much else to do but wait and see.

Now for something less boring, I discovered this website that has posts old bootlegged classic rock concerts. So far the collection is pretty small, but it's growing, and what it does have is great (especially the Elvis Costello one and the Radiohead one).

2 comments:

Michael Sean Becker said...

Class of '97






God, I'm lame.

Anonymous said...

treat it like romy and michele's high school reunion. tell 'em you invented post its. or the pen again. or mr. jaswinski's toupee.