Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Keep It Up, Stonecutters!

One good thing about my year working at Troma: they sent me on a trip to a video convention in Las Vegas. 5 days and 4 nights at the Rio, where a co-worker and I had to meet with video and DVD distributors to plead our case as to why they should stock Chopper Chicks in Zombietown (it featured a young Billy Bob Thornton) or Buttcrack (um... no real reason I can think of). While there, I got to meet Steve Guttenberg, who was promoting his directorial debut, P.S. Your Cat Is Dead. Nice guy, and he signed this headshot for me. I've hung it on every office wall at every job since then, and it never fails to get compliments. Or at least comments.
Why post about this now? Because the one and only Steve Guttenberg will be the celebrity guest at next month's Inside Joke at the UCB Theater. You know I'll be there. Although hopefully the focus will be less on P.S. Your Cat is Dead and more on Diner or Amazon Women on the Moon or Police Academy... or even Don't Tell Her It's Me.
Two more things:
1) My friend S__ is taping a special for VH1 with the Montgomery Flea Market guy, so I asked to him have the guy call me and leave me a voicemail. Sure enough, yesterday I get a message with the guy singing to me. I will NEVER delete that message. Thanks S__!
2) In the latest online battle: Al Gore (owner of CurrentTV) 1, Perez Hilton 0.

No comments: