Friday, April 27, 2007

I'm down in South Florida for my reunion weekend. It's brutally hot and humid, and the state is in the midst of one of its worst droughts ever. Good times.
This evening there's an event at my high school for all alumni, although I don't believe many of my classmates will go to this. I haven't been to the campus in 8 years, and I hear there have been some significant renovations. Allegedly some of my teachers will be in attendance. Will they remember me? My ego might be crushed if certain ones don't. After that there's a non-school-sponsored night of drinking at a local bar. The alcohol should help any initial awkwardness. Tomorrow night is the actual formal reunion.
Will I think that the girls I had crushes on are still cute? Will the Big Men on Campus just be big now? How many of them will be married, and have children? Will people remember embarrassing things about me, like I used to blush uncontrollably, or that I sold 80s mixtapes for $5 each? The answers are coming soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am very much looking forward to reading the follow-up to this post!