Wednesday, February 21, 2007

All We Need Is Just a Little Patience
This morning, loyal reader Ben posted a comment linking to a leak of "Better," the first single off Chinese Democracy. By the time I got to it (I slept in this morning), the mp3 had been taken down. I know I could do a little research and find it in other places. I'm sure I can probably find most, if not all, of the album on illegal file-sharing sites. But I won't. Why? Because I have a weird thing about "going in fresh." I hate watching "next week on" Lost or 24 (or even Real World / Road Rules Challenge). I don't like movie trailers. I prefer to listen to albums uninterrupted and in their entirety, at least the first time I hear them. Which means that, even though they're everywhere, I haven't downloaded any of the songs off Arcade Fire's Neon Bible (I did hear songs from it during their concert on Saturday night, but that was unavoidable), nor will I do so for Chinese Democracy. I will wait and listen to the albums as a whole, as the bands intended me to hear them. I don't know why I'm like this, and it can be incredibly frustrating. But that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Ben, thanks anyway though.

And while we're on the subject of 24, how cute are these Minimates representing the characters from season 1? Although I'd prefer they had done season 2... that way they could have put a cougar trap on Kim's leg.

3 comments:

OnlyRumors said...

haaaaay...I left that Axl Rose Performing Arts Project mp3 link...I'm a Ben you don't know.

I do respect your choice to wait for the album as a whole...rarely done these days!

Brian said...

Sorry Ben, didn't mean to misidentify you. My bad.

Unknown said...

Aww.
No, it wasn't me. There's more than one Ben, Brian.