Friday, January 12, 2007

Today is my last day at TRL. I'm jumping into the world of freelance writing. It's a bit of a scary prospect, as I don't have my next gig lined up yet. But it will be nice to have a change of pace, and as one of my bosses told me, having "the fear" will help me be aggressive and expand my horizons when looking for work. Let's hope he's right.


No big final goodbye post. I know a lot of this site has been devoted to writing about work. Sometimes that hasn't been the wisest thing to do. Of course I'll continue to post, although I'm not sure what interesting stuff will fill the void (if the TRL stuff was interesting to begin with). Maybe not having a full-time job will allow me time to put more thought into my posts. We'll see how it goes.


And now, one final TRL Moment of the Week
At the end of yesterday's show, VJDamien and VJVanessa pulled me out in front of camera to say goodbye and good luck. I gave them each a hug, then stayed on camera as they wrapped up the show. When they finished their copy, I tried to yell into the mic "Guns N Roses rules!" Alas, the mic didn't pick it up, so nobody heard me. I blew my last, golden opportunity. Dang.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeez. This is your third straight day of unemployment. You'd think you'd be posting every day now.

Anonymous said...

According to the Daily News you left at the right time. That show is sinking faster than the Titanic.

Anonymous said...

I stole a thumb tack off your board. That was my way of tipping a 40.