Monday, January 22, 2007

Some quick hits to start the week:

- The one time this century that I root for the Pats, they lose. Now Manning is in the SuperBowl for the first time. What a disastrous development. I hope the Bears destroy the Colts.
- I don't know why this bothers me so much, but I hate the title of Grease: You're the One That I Want. The competition is about casting a new production of the musical, and that song isn't even in the show; it was created specifically for the movie. They should've called it We Go Together. Or Born to Hand-Jive. And yes, this is probably the nerdiest thing I've ever posted.
- I wish I lived in Montgomery so I could go to their flea market. Apparently "it's just like... a mini... mall!" And the guy who runs it has the craziest eyes I've ever seen.
- As part of a 40th-birthday gift for Sticking Point Tommy, I made him a mix of the top hits of 1967. What a year for music:
1: Purple Haze - The Jimi Hendrix Experience
2: Gimme Some Lovin' - Spencer Davis Group
3: Higher and Higher - Jackie Wilson
4: I Was Made to Love Her - Stevie Wonder
5: Respect - Aretha Franklin
6: Brown-Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
7: Alone Again Or - Love
8: Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon - Neil Diamond
9: Waterloo Sunset - The Kinks
10: Happy Together - The Turtles
11: A Whiter Shade of Pale - Procol Harum
12: For What It's Worth - Buffalo Springfield
13: Windy - The Association
14: Heroes and Villians - The Beach Boys
15: Ruby Tuesday - The Rolling Stones
16: Penny Lane - The Beatles
17: Daydream Believer - The Monkees
18: Can't Take My Eyes Off of You - Frankie Valli
19: Mellow Yellow - Donovan
20: White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane
21: Light My Fire - The Doors

I also got him a 40, which was surprisingly difficult to track down on the Upper West Side. The first two delis I hit didn't have anything bigger than 32 ounces, then the next two didn't have any malt liquor. Finally I found some Olde English. I hope he appreciates the effort that went into the gift.
- It seems that Europeans can pre-order "Chinese Democracy" on certain websites, with a March 5th release day. That's the Monday before Axl's alleged U.S. release date, and albums always come out on Monday in Europe, as opposed to Tuesday in the States. Yet another reason why I wish I was still living in Scotland.

Guess that's all for now. Happy Monday, one and all.

No comments: