Monday, April 03, 2006

I'm Wide Awake, It's Annoying
Oh man, I'm so friggin' tired today. After a rough weekend of late nights, I figured I'd get a great night's rest last night. In bed at 11:30, enough to get a full 8 hours. But no, instead I lay awake for hours. You know how it goes… start on your back… eventually turn over onto your stomach… for some reason have Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie" running through your head… start thinking "don't look at the clock"… then you look at the clock… turn the radio on just in case they're playing the best song of all time, but it's only "Under My Thumb"… get up to get a drink of water… try sleeping on top of the sheets just to shake things up… start thinking about how tired you'll be the next day… repeat "calm down, relax, sleep" in your mind… get back under the sheets… look at the clock and get frustrated that it's already 2:23am… consider getting up to watch TV but don't just in case you're on the verge of falling asleep and you don't want to have to start from scratch… try holding your breath thinking maybe you can pass out… and so on.

(And yes, people, don't think I realize one of you will post a comment suggesting that the next time I can't fall asleep, I should just read this post… so don't bother)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shoulda rubbed one out. Goodnight!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just woke up. What happened?