Friday, March 10, 2006

TRL Moment of the Week
On Monday we did a stunt in which we found people in the audience with things they needed confess... then had them call up the person they had wronged, admit what they did, and apologe live on the air. For the cut open to the show, I included the following copy:

-AND DO YOU HAVE A DIRTY LITTLE SECRET YOU NEED TO GET OFF YOUR CHEST? (SHOT FROM "DIRTY LITTLE SECRET" VIDEO OF SOMEONE HOLDING UP A MESSAGE - ONE THAT'S SOMETHING LIKE "I CHEATED ON MY GIRLFRIED")
-WE'LL HAVE FANS SPILLING ALL AND SAYING SORRY (SOUND-UP: MADONNA SAYING "FORGIVE ME" FROM "SORRY")


If you're not familiar with the All-American Rejects video "Dirty Little Secret," it shows people holding up postcards revealing their secrets (from the website PostSecret). There were several appropriate messages to choose from for the shot I wanted, including "I'm only dating her to get to her sister" and "Sometimes I think my fiance isn't the one."
So which one did the editor go with? "I had gay sex at church camp... 3 times."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was the point of this story?

Brian said...

Since when do my stories have to have point? Like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville... I needed a new heel for my shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which was what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry costs a nickel. And in those days, nickels had pictures of Bumble Bees on them. "Gimme five bees for a quarter," you'd say. Now where were we... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time... they didn't have white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was the big yellow ones...