Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Yesterday my boss started cleaning out his office and gave me this unwanted Audiotronic Robocop doll. From Robocop 3 (the PG-13 one that I never saw). It says things like "Drugs are trouble!" or at least it would if the battery hadn't died. The battery in the gun still works, however. I wonder if there's any way to replace the doll's battery without taking it out of the box. It's a collectible, after all (although when first informed that it might be worth money, my boss tried to take it back and I refused... he gave up when I showed him this expired eBay auction in which it didn't get a single bid at $1.00).
The sad thing is, there's no room for this on my desk given all the other toy clutter I've accumulated from co-workers, including a Crocodile Hunter jeep (complete with crocodile, snakes, and the hunter himself), a laughing Nemo (that doesn't laugh anymore), DJ Scribble's Spinheads, a bottle of I Bet You Will champagne, Avril Lavigne's high school photos, a "Happy Light Year" ALF sticker, and other assorted junk. At the moment it's sitting on the ground behind my door. But I will hold onto it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo muthafucka, what about the box of Bernie Mac and Cheese? That doesn't warrant a specific shout-out?

Brian said...

True true, I do love that. And the Doc Oc doll. And the Muppet figurines. And the pimp cup. And the Family Guy playing cards. And the Wedding Crashers playing cards. And the Anchorman bobblehead. And the Double Bubble slot machine. And the wind-up walking menorah. And the Yankee Monopoly. And the SNL Trivial Pursuit. And the Scarface bath set. And the Supercross gloves. And the left-handed hockey stick. And the Star Wars watch. And the Mullet Head. And the Iron Maiden figurine. And the In Good Company screener tape. And the fake autograph collection. And the real autograph collection. And the Scrubs scrubs. And the Miami Vice long-sleeve t-shirt and sunglasses. And the Skywalker Ranch baseball hat. And the Eugene Levy cutout. And the backwards I Heart Damien t-shirt. And the I Heart TRL granny panties.
And anything else I've left out.

Anonymous said...

I'll give you a dollar for humorless Nemo.

Brian said...

Tommy, we can probably work something out. Maybe a barter of some sort...

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found your site while doing a search for dolls and bears. Wow, love your site. It really was a pleasure to read. Thanks.