Tuesday, December 27, 2005

While reading the latest issue of Rolling Stone, which lists the 100 Worst Movies of 2005, I decided to count the number of those movies I was forced to see because of my job. The winning number? 23. True, that's not a huge percentage, especially since I also went to screenings of 4 of the 10 (which was actually 11) Best Movies of 2005. But it's still approximately 23 more of the worst movies than I would've wanted to see.
My boredom today caused me to count up all the movies I had to see screenings of this year, and the list came to a whopping 44. They are listed alphabetically below, and I've color-coded them thusly:
Green = I would've paid money to see it
Yellow = I would've been annoyed to pay money to see it
Red = I should've been paid more to see it


40-Year-Old Virgin
Aeon Flux
Assault on Precinct 13
Bad News Bears
Be Cool
Brokeback Mountain
Coach Carter
Constantine
Crash
Cursed
Dark Water
Derailed

Doom
Elizabethtown
Fantastic Four
First Descent
Flightplan
Four Brothers
Get Rich or Die Tryin
Hostage
House of Wax
Island
Jarhead
King Kong
Kingdom of Heaven
Longest Yard
A Lot Like Love
The Man

Memoirs of a Geisha
Miss Congeniality 2
Murderball
North Country
Red Eye
Rent
The Ringer
Rize
Robots

Sin City
Skeleton Key
Son of the Mask

Star Wars Episode 3
War of the Worlds
Wedding Crashers

Wedding Date

Sure is a shitload of red, isn't there?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boo Hoo.
I get paid to go to the movies.
Sometimes I have to see bad ones.

Some people in this world are forced to dig ditches to make ends meet. You don't have it that bad.

I love this blog.

Love,
Either
A-a guy who digs ditches to make ends meet.

B-The guy who wrote "Coach Carter"

or

C-Your Boss