Monday, November 21, 2005

So far I've been pretty pleased with my new gym. It's bigger, more equipment, better air-conditioning... and much better music. Instead of techno crap and remixes of top-40 songs, it's mostly 70s and 80s... lots of Cars, Blondie, The Cure, etc. And the other day they played this, a mash-up of Green Day's "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" and Oasis's "Wonderwall," with some of Travis's "Writing to Reach You" and even an Aerosmith / Eminem post-script. I think mash-ups are very hit-or-miss, but in my mind the simpler they are, the better... and this one is about as simple as they get.
The guy who mashed this, Party Ben, has some other good ones on his site (and some not-so-good ones). Give 'em a listen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you didn't take my tanning salon comment seriously. Oh well, I tried.

Anonymous said...

party ben is a fucking goddamn genius. the sixxmixx is a staple of my life.

mashups, are, my defintion, hit or miss. they really require a dj who understands what makes a good mashup to make them properlike.

partyben is one of the djs who gets it.