Monday, February 28, 2005

Water, Water, Everywhere
Apartment update... so far the wall has been holding up nicely, but last week a leak developed in my living room ceiling. Came home from work last Monday to find that our futon was soaked from water dripping from above. My roommate filed a complaint in the maintenance log, but nobody came by to fix it, although the water did stop. Until Friday. Then it came down again. Much harder than before. A mini-El Nino in my apartment. Water damage is becoming quite noticeable.
On Saturday morning I ran into the super in the lobby and had this conversation:
Me: There's still water leaking from the ceiling in my living room.
Super: Yes, [the owner of the building] and I were up there on Thursday. The leak is not coming from the penthouse. It's coming from her terrace.
(awkward silence)
Me: Okay... well, are you gonna fix it?
Super: Oh yes, we'll fix it.
(awkward silence)
Me: Okay... well, when are you gonna fix it?
Super: Soon. We'll fix it soon.
(awkward silence, then he walks away and starts a conversation with another tenant)
So it remains to be seen when this problem will be addressed. Will keep you updated.

1 comment:

Brian said...

It's actually my roommate's, which is worse... he's a 33-year-old lawyer.